Acacium Group user testing information sheet
You have been invited to take part in a research project which is being conducted by Acacium Group user experience team. This is a voluntary activity operated on the basis of consent. The purpose of this study is for us to observe how the product works and gather your feedback as a potential user, so we can understand if the platform is working as intended.
Data capture and usage
The following will be recorded during the session:
• Video and audio – recording the entire session, this is to assist in ensuring we accurately capture what happens in the session. (Video recording is optional, and you can still participate with your camera off during recording)
• Screen activity – observing digital interactions with the product on screen to understand if the product functions align to you as a potential user expectation.
• Note taking – documenting observations made by the facilitator or note taker that relate to our research hypothesis and enable quick reference points for analysing the recorded data.
Third-party service provider
Acacium Group may use a third-party service provider to support our user research activities. They have been through all relevant due diligence in relation to security of data.
Participation in this research is entirely voluntary, and you are able to withdraw your consent at any point. You can do this verbally during the session or in writing by contacting email@example.com.
If you withdraw your consent, Acacium Group will delete any data obtained via your original consent.
The information above has been provided so you are able to make an informed decision about participating in the research. If you have any additional questions about the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will we use the data collected
This research is to inform the development and design of products and services produced by the Acacium Group.
Anything shown in relation to the sessions is the private intellectual property of the Acacium Group, and cannot be shared outside of the sessions.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
• Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal data.
• Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal data you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete personal data you think is incomplete.
• Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances.
• Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
• Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
• Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal data you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com.
In most cases we will deal with your request as soon as possible and at the latest within one calendar month of the request. If we need to extend the time period for responding to your request, we will let you know within the one-month period. We do not charge a fee for any such requests, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
How to make a complaint
If you have any concerns about the personal data we use about you, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, by contacting them at www.ico.org.uk. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please feel free to contact us in the first instance.